Yes, we feel it is important that you get to see how our guests are treated. Please contact us to schedule a tour of our facility.
The front desk is open Monday-Friday: 7am-8pm and Saturday & Sunday: 10am-6pm.
We require all overnight guests to be checked in by 5pm. Any guest checking out after 1pm will incur a late check out fee of $10.00, unless you have a membership. The front desk is *closed* for checking-in or out on all major holidays.
Cats: Rabies, FVRCP and negative test results for FeL & FIV
Dogs: Rabies, DHPP (Distemper combination), Bordetella within the last 6 months (This is a NYC law!), CANINE INFLUENZA (H3N8 and H3N2)
All vaccines must be administered at least 48 hours before check-in. We recommend two weeks! ALL updated shot records must be faxed or emailed to us prior to check-in. Our fax number is 718-408-2371.
From May-December, all dogs are required to be on flea and tick prevention such as Program, Sentinel, Frontline, Advantage or Revolution. We do offer individual topical dosages for purchase and your convenience. If fleas are found on your dog during his/her stay, we will administer a dose of topical flea treatment at your expense. We do not require any preventative treatment for our cat guests.
Dogs must be at least three months old and have verification of current vaccinations, be flea/tick free and pass our introduction evaluation. Dogs must be spayed or neutered if over six months old.
All dogs over the age of six months must be spayed or neutered or they will be deemed “alone dogs” and not be able to socialize with other dogs in the yard. This is for your dog's safety. Although your dog may be socialized and friendly, not every dog has a positive reaction to an unaltered dog. If your dog is in heat she may NOT stay with us.
Our first-time boarders need to attend a daycare evaluation day to ensure that he/she will be comfortable for his/her entire stay.
On the first visit, your dog will go through the evaluation process. For the safety of all of our guests, these introductions must be scheduled on a designated day.
The process begins with a review of the enrollment forms and verification of the required vaccinations. Then, your dog will be slowly introduced to the group. Only when we and the dog are comfortable will group play begin. Each dog will be placed into a play group that is best suited to his or her age, temperament and size.
Reservations are recommended to guarantee your spot each day.
Yes! We do have Membership deals on daycare and boarding, as well as discounted pricing for prepaid packages. We also offer multiple pet discounts.
In order to maintain a safe environment, we must limit the number of dogs that come to play each day. Reservations are highly recommended. Members and package holders are not guaranteed a spot but are given priority booking.
It is best to feed your dog at least 1 hour prior to coming to prevent bloat, which has been suggested can be caused by playing too quickly after eating.
You may bring a small meal or snack for your dog in a sealed container or baggie. We do provide biscuits just before naptime and bedtime.
We will take excellent care of your pet if an illness or accident occurs. We will attempt to contact you, your emergency contact, and your personal veterinarian. If it is an emergency, we will take your pet to the Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group immediately.
We take care of just about everything. We have bedding, bowls, litter and toys.
- Bedding: We've got plenty on hand, but you are welcome to bring 1 small blanket or flat bedding as long as it's washable. Please make sure all belongings are labeled appropriately with your pet's first and last name with a permanent marker prior to check in.
- Food. Please bring an ample supply of your pet's food if you are supplying it. Some pets are very sensitive to changes in their diets and we don't want their tummies getting upset. All food must be in an air-tight container, labeled with feeding instructions and your pet's name. Otherwise, we provide Fromm Gold Holistic Adult Dry Dog Food & Evo Grain Free Turkey and Chicken Dry Cat Food. Individualized baggies work well, particularly during the holidays! Just remember to send extra, just in case!
- Treats: We offer Old Mother Hubbard biscuits at naptime and before tuck in.
- Restraint: Please bring all pooches in on a proper restraint. We will hold the leash for you.
- Toys: Please leave toys at home. We have appropriate chewing toys, if necessary. We can't risk a choking accident.
We can administer medication and/or supplements to your dog. There is an additional fee of $3/administration. We have experience administering sub-Q fluids and insulin. Both services have separate pricing. All medication instructions must be emailed to us at least 48 hours ahead of time. Please include: name of medication, dosage, frequency and indication. The medication/supplements must come in a clearly marked container (preferably the original container or a med minder).
We know that it is hard to leave your furry friend. We know that you may worry about how he/she is doing while you are away. We know that you are mostly concerned that your cat or dog will feel stranded and left alone. Rest assured, we have these concerns covered. We make sure our guests have lots of people time and playtime to stay occupied. If Woofs isn't a good fit, we will tell you. We want all of our guests to enjoy themselves. You may check-in at any point for an update on how things are going. In the end, your pet's stay will be much harder on you than it is on him/her.
- Non-holiday reservations require 48-hours notice to avoid a one night's cancellation fee.
- Holiday reservation require a $100.00 NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE deposit due three weeks before the holiday.
- Daycare same day cancellations incur a $15 charge.
- Grooming appointments require 24-hour notice to avoid a $25 charge.
Please feel free to contact our Woofs 'n Whiskers staff by phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about employment here.